Marpole Rink Soccer Club (MRSC) is a Canadian rink soccer club based in Vancouver, Canada. It was formed in 2004 and is currently in it's 9th season. The club's co-founders are Veer Hitt and Justin Wong. Seasons operate annually from early Spring to late Fall.
Games are generally played 3-on-3 in an outdoor rink with a standard size 5 soccer ball. Alternate variations are also accepted with 4-on-4 or using a size 4 soccer ball instead, as well as playing on grass. Each game will be played up to 5 goals, in a best of 5 match. But due to time constraints, a best of 3 match may take place instead, or a draw may be declared. There are no official goalkeepers, and while guarding the net is allowed, intentional hand contact with the ball is prohibited at all times.
|Established in 2007||Established in 2004||2004 - 2005||2004 - 2007|
|Established in 2014||Established in 2014|
Laws of the Game
- 1: Kick-Off
- a: Players from both teams shall remain behind center in their own defensive zone prior to the kick-off.
- b: The team with first possession shall take the kick-off from the center of the rink.
- c: The team with first possession must wait at least 15 seconds for the opposition to get ready before kick-off. Such as allowing the scorekeeper to finish recording the result of a previous goal before proceeding with the kick-off.
- d: The team with first possession may play the kick-off after 15 seconds, regardless if the opposition is ready or not.
- e: The first player must pass the ball before a direct kick can be taken at the opponent's net. He cannot carry up the ball by himself.
- f: The opposing team may not check the team with first possession until they make contact with the ball.
- 2: Player absence
- a: A player that leaves the rink at any time in the middle of the game may do so at his own expense. The game shall continue without stoppage.
- 3: Free kick
- a: All free kicks are direct, therefore, direct shots at the net are permitted.
- b: The opposing team shall remain 5 feet away from the player taking the free kick.
- c: The opposing team may not check the team with possession until they make contact with the ball.
- 4: Ball out of play
- a: The team that kicks or deflects the ball out of the rink shall forfeit a free kick to the opposing team at the location of where the ball exit the rink.
- 5: Handball
- a: Ball c
- b: A handball is considered deliberate when the arms or hands are used to stop or propell the ball. A stoppage of play shall initiate immediately.
- c: Play shall continue for an accidental handball. Accidental handball includes:
- 1: Shots that are kicked directly at a player's arms or hands, where the ball meets the arms or hands of the player without action on his part.
- 2: When the ball bounces off the ground, wall, or another player, and touches a player's arms or hands without action on his part.
- d: The affect of a handball may vary depending on the situation of play around the net, exmaples shown below.
|Mar 20, 2014||5||5||2||-||-||8°C - Dry||4v4|
|Mar 26, 2014||4||2||2||-||-||10°C - Wet||3v3|
|Mar 30, 2014||-||-||-||-||-||n/a||4v4|
|Apr 04, 2014||-||-||-||-||-||n/a||4v4|
|Jun 19, 2014||-||-||-||-||-||17°C - Wet||3v3|
|Thu, 7:30 pm||-||-||-||-||-||Rink|
* If necessary
2014 Winning Combinations
|Raj - Sandeep - Veer - Vince||1|
|Geoff - Raj - Sandeep - Vince||1|
|Geoff - Micah - Rocky - Veer||1|
|Justin - Raj - Rocky||1|
|Micah - Rocky - Veer||1|
|Justin - Raj - Veer||1|
2014 Player Statistics
Matches played | Goals per match | Games played | Games Won | Games Loss | Winning Percentage | Goals | Goals per game
Comments & Questions
Please feel free to leave comments or questions in our CC page.